Last updated: December 7, 2011
1. Information Collected
(1) In the course of operating Skills Matcher, we may collect two types of information about our Users: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
(2) "Personal Information" is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, employment information, and e-mail address. Personal Information is collected by us when you choose to provide it to us when registering for Skills Matcher. With respect to Personal Information, only an email address is required when registering for Skills Matcher. Any additional Personal Information provided by you is provided at your own discretion. In addition, if you choose to contact any of our representatives in connection with Skills Matcher or any other EDO service, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including Personal Information, so that we may fully address the subject matter of your contact.
(3) Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
(4) "Non-Personal Information" is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address ("IP Address"), the domain used to access Skills Matcher, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g., average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors and average time spent on an EDO web site, is also considered Non-Personal Information.
(5) Non-Personal Information is collected or derived by us in the course of operating Skills Matcher. For example, our Web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information which is provided through your browser or stored on a Cookie or through a Web Beacon when you choose to visit the Site. Non-Personal Information is used by EDO to assist in verifying that the Terms and Services applicable to the access and use of Skills Matcher are not being circumvented, and in order to analyze use of the Site, Skills Matcher and other EDO web sites, to troubleshoot problems, and to improve service.
2. Use of Personal Information
(1) Personal Information provided by Candidates is included in our Skills Matcher database. This Personal Information can be accessed by registered Employers in order to connect Employers with Candidates having the skills necessary to fill available job openings. In addition, the EDO may in certain circumstances make Personal Information available to an unregistered employer seeking Candidates, provided the employer can be verified by the EDO as operating a legitimate business.
(2) Candidates hereby understand and acknowledge that Personal Information provided for use in the Skills Matcher database can be accessed, used, and stored by Employers around the World, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of Personal Information as defined by your country of residence. By providing your Personal Information for inclusion in the database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described here. While EDO takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, the EDO does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for the use of Personal Information that you include in your profile during registration by these third parties. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not include sensitive information, or information that you would otherwise not wish to become public to during the registration process.
(3) We also use Personal Information to send Users promotional notices regarding EDO news, additional services offered by EDO, security updates, or new features that have been added to Skills Matcher. You may opt-out of future communications as part of the registration process, by contacting an EDO employee or service representative, or by following the instructions included as part of the communication.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
(a) where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose;
(b) who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers, solely to enable us to more efficiently provide you with the Skills Matcher service. EDO takes reasonable steps to ensure that such entities act under strict contractual controls, requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information and to use such information solely for purposes related to the provision of the Skills Matcher;
(c) as may be set out in the Terms and Conditions applicable to Skills Matcher, to facilitate the provision of such EDO Service, such as fulfilling legal requirements; or
(d) as required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest.
4. Links to Other Sites and Advertisements
(2) You can help protect the security of your Personal Information as well. For instance, never give out your password to others, since this is what is used to access your account or registration information. Also remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you finish using Skills Matcher or surfing the Web, so that other people using the same computer won't have access to your information.
7. Additional Privacy Procedures
Privacy procedures of the EDO not related specifically to Skills Matcher may be found at www.summerside.ca Those procedures are an addendum to this policy.
8. Accessing and Changing Account/Registration Information
(1) EDO provides you with the means to access, update, edit or delete any account or registration information you may have provided to us at any time on your own by going to the appropriate page in your profile or as part of the registration section of the Site, and changing or deleting such information as desired.
(2) If you are unsure whether we have a record containing any of your Personal Information and would like to confirm whether or not we do, please send an e-mail to our Privacy Manager at email@example.com indicating all e-mail addresses that you may have given us.
(3) If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any e-mail materials to which you have subscribed, you may choose to unsubscribe to these e-mails by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mail material.
9. Questions, Comments or Suggestions